Saturday, January 14, 2017

Tea talk...

Three of my favorite things! My owl tea cup, my Bible from a very dear friend, and my journal!


    It's a cold snowy day here in Debrecen. We went this morning and helped take down the Christmas decorations at church, then went for a walk in the snow. Now we are home and we're relaxing before church tomorrow.

    As we are all kinda doing our own thing,  I thought I would share some of things that I have been thinking about lately. So, let's have some Tea Talk. I have my tea all made up, so let's go!

    On January 27th it will be a year since we first visited Hungary! Time flies! We would have never imagined that The Lord would have placed us here in Hungary. But, I'm so glad He did. :)  I love my Hungary home.

    Sometimes we get asked if we will ever go back to Greenland? Well, probably not. I see that as a part of our past and we have to look forward, not backwards. We are still in contact with our friends we made while we lived in Greenland. I hope those are lifelong friendships that we can cherish. Sometimes letting go is hard. We do still talk about Greenland, it was a huge chunk of our missionary ministry. Some of the things are hard to talk about while others bring smiles. As I think back at our time in Greenland, The Lord certainly matured me as a Christian, wife and mother. Believe me, I have not "arrived" but, I have grown.  

    We don't understand sometimes why God does things. Like moving some arctic missionaries to central Europe! But, we can take what we learned in Greenland and apply it here in Hungary. Reflecting back over this last year I see areas I need to improve and areas that I have grown. It's easy to trust God in the easy times and it's easy to get upset during the hard times. I have learned, and I'm still learning, to lean on the Lord more during those hard times. Psalm 121 has been my go to passage of scripture when I feel overwhelmed. I find it soothing and comforting.

    I hope some of my openness has helped someone. I think I may try to have some "Tea Talk" once a month. If it helps anyone, it helps me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment