Monday, January 9, 2017

Grocery shopping here in Hungary

 I thought I would share with you guys what our grocery store looks like. This was one of the questions I was asked on Facebook.  We have several grocery stores in our town, but the closest to us is called Interspar. So, we go there because it's the closest.

I will forewarn you, this is a heavy picture post!





All of our grocery store trips start at the tram stop! And we always have our rolling cart, it has been a huge help hauling groceries home!

The walkway up to the store. 

The bakery right in the entrance, it smells amazing!  

The produce section is good here, there are other stores that I like to get my produce from in the summer. But, since it has been so cold, we just get it all at here.

Eggs aren't refrigerated. You wouldn't believe how long it took me to find the eggs the first time I went shopping. I kept looking in the refrigerator section, not the produce section. :)

You have to weigh your own produce. This was fun to figure out too! I irritated many workers before I figured it out. 

Our milk comes in boxes! You  can get fresh milk out of a machine, but the box milk is more convenient. 

We have Oreo! I don't care for them, but my family loves them!

The fresh bread section! 

Fresh pastries smell amazing!

We have Heinz. It's a little pricey,  899 forent is about $3. Every once in a while I'll get it, but the cheaper brand tastes just as good. :)

The candy isle! My kids favorite! (And mine too)

Fresh meat!

More Heinz ketchup! I will confess, I have been known to splurge and buy Heinz ketchup when it's not on sale!

The cheese section. Not my favorite part of the store! Marty and the kids usually pick out the cheese since I'm allergic and don't eat it. :)

Lays! 299 Forint=$1.02...YES!!

Down on of the main isles

We have pretty much all the major brand American sodas here.

Lots of juice, water and sodas

My kids favorite section! 

Lots of odds and ends


You can get your major appliances here too!

A small baby section. 
This was short line. Most of the time the lines are really long!

You have to bag up your own groceries. You also have to pay for the bags. We use reusable ones, it saves some money! 

All bagged up and ready to go!


We take the tram and then walk the rest of the way home! Everyone chips in and we get it done!

Eryn got to carry the bucket of oranges we bought today!




3 comments:

  1. Thank You, very interesting. Praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was very interesting to see the differences and things that look almost like home. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to what you share next. God bless and praying for yall

    ReplyDelete