Wednesday, January 18, 2017

A day in my life.

You may be wondering what a missionary wife does on a day to day basis. I can speak just for myself, but my days go a little something like this...

This picture sums up my days after school is done.

Some people may think that the life of a missionary wife is always exciting and we are always on the go. But, day to day life for this missionary wife and mommy is full of school, laundry, cooking, cleaning, language learning, teaching a Sunday school class, going to visitation, smiling and being friendly to those around me. 

I'm sure my day to day will change once we are out on our own and get a church going. Right now, our job is to learn the language and culture. Why? Because without a firm foundation in the language and the culture we can't properly reach those we have come to minister to. Hungarian isn't an easy language to learn. The similarities between the grammar and sentence structure in Greenlandic and Hungarian is crazy! But, we are very thankful to have people around us that are happy to help us. They have been very patient as we stumble and butcher their language as we are learning. :) 




1 comment:

  1. I like that you are real so that we can know how to pray and also just because I like learning about other places. It is also just neat to see how life is the same or different there.

    ReplyDelete