Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Little Hungary tidbits...part 1

I feel a little silly that in the two years we've been in here in Hungary, I've never really given any info about Hungary! Silly, right?!  :)  So, I thought I would do a little mini series on Hungary tidbits. 

Let's start out with the country as a whole, then I'll break it down by major cities.

The Capital is Budapest. 

Hungary covers a land area of 35,920 sq mi. (93,030 sq, kilometers)
(a little smaller than Indiana)  

Hungary was under communism until 1989.

The population is almost 10 million people.

Catholicism and the Reformed churches are the two major religions. 

Hungarian, magyar is the official language. 

Hungary is part of Central Europe on the Carpathian Basin.

Hungarians can trace their lineage back to Mongolia. You can even still met some Atilla's every once in a while. :)  


The Hungarian flag


The Hungarian Coat of Arms





Coming soon...part 2...Budapest! 






No comments:

Post a Comment