Monday, April 2, 2012

It's the little things...



The other day Marty brought me home some of the prettiest buttercups. Being in the Arctic we have flowers, in the summertime, but not buttercups. They made my day and also reminded me of home. They smell wonderful and are beautiful on the kitchen table. Whenever I walk by them I’m reminded how much I’m loved. It also got me to thinking, you know, it’s not the big things that matter most of the time, it’s the little things.
It’s the little things that can make or break your day. A friendly smile, a little note of encouragement, a little gift to brighten someone’s day, the list could go on.
My beautiful buttercups.

As the wife and mother of the home, my attitude affects my homes mood. The old saying, “if momma’s not happy, then no bodies happy”, has a lot of truth to it. We as women are the mood setters for our home. If I’m in a bad mood, good chances are everyone else will be also. Good moods are the same way. We can make or break the sweet spirit in our homes, and it’s the little things that can do it. A little love note to your husband can lift his spirits. You need to spend time with your children. Sometimes you just need to sit down and get to know their hearts and let them do some talking. I know we can get so wrapped up in the big things that we sometimes forget about those who live under the same roof as we do. So let’s remember that it’s the little things that matter!   

No comments:

Post a Comment