Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Our Decision...

As you already know we recently returned from a trip farther north to Ilulissat. The purpose of this visit was to visit the Shulls and to see about moving up there to work with them.  After lots of prayer and seeking the Lord we have decided that we are going to make the move!  I’m really excited and nervous all at the same time!

Moving here is not the same as moving to another town in the States. We have to get a container, ship it, wait to see if we need to do any updating on our already pending paperwork, get plane tickets, and lots more.  We are looking at moving at the beginning of September, so hopefully the ice won’t be bad in the harbor in Ilulissat so our container can arrive safely. Please pray as we are already preparing for our move.

Marty and our kids in front of the first Baptist church in Greenland!
Some of the houses in Ilulissat
We are sad to leave Sisimiut and our friends we have made here, but in Ilulissat, we will get the ministry experience we need. Our prayer is to be able to come back to Sisimiut in a few years and start a church after we have learned the languages and the culture better. We are excited to see what the Lord has in store for us as we strive to please Him in our ministry here in Greenland.