Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Lord's protection!


For the most part I feel pretty safe here in Greenland.  But today the Lord was watching out for me.  I wanted to share with you what happened this morning.  I had gone to the little store next door to our house to pick up a few things.  As I was checking out a drunk guy came up and (in very slurred speech) said "Hi".  He looked familiar so I said "Hi" as I went to go get something else I needed.  I get back to the counter and he is still standing there waiting on me.  As I get ready to pay he says "I pay, you get your things and go."  I told him that I would pay for my own things and handed the cashier the money.

He then asked where I was from and I told him America.  He was so drunk he then asked what country in America!  He said that he was a prawn fisherman.  He had just returned from being out on a fishing boat at 8 o'clock this morning.  He was so drunk that he couldn't even stand upright! (This happened about 10 AM our time)  I was scared because it was just me, him, a little old lady, and the cashier in the store.

He proceeded to ask if I wanted to go party with him.  I told him "No, I'm going home to my family!"  I got out of there as fast as I could!  As I stepped out of the store I saw a taxi sitting there with a load of men staring at me (his friends I guess).  I was so thankful that the Lord kept me safe today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment