Monday, October 1, 2012

Sweet-n-Sour sauce

Tonight for dinner we had sweet-n-sour sauce with pork and rice. I got the recipe from Carole Shull, when we went for a visit to Ilulissat in May. My family LOVED it! So I made it tonight, and it was great! You can also use chicken, if you don't like pork. Our grocery stores are out of tomatoes and bell peppers, so I just made mine without them and it still turned out great! Also, I doubled the recipe, but if you have older kids I would say to triple it. 




Yummy!

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup chicken broth or water
1/3 cup white vinegar
1 tsp oil
1 tsp soy sauce
1/4 tsp salt
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 tbs cornstartch
2 tbs cold water
1 med tomato, diced
1sm bell pepper, diced
1 can (8 oz) pineapple chunks in syrup, drained


1~Heat sugar, broth, vinegar, oil, soy sauce, salt, garlic, to a boil over med heat. 
 2~Mix cornstarch and water, stir into the sugar mix. Cook and stir it about 10 seconds or until it's thick
3~Stir in tomatoes, bell peppers, and pineapples. Heat until it is bubbling, and serve!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment