Tuesday, August 22, 2017

My Testimony

  I was thinking the other about how I got saved, and I realized I have never shared that on my blog. I think it's important to share your testimony of salvation, so here's mine.


  I made a profession of faith as a little girl. It was one of those things, I did because everyone else was doing it. I was never convicted that I was a sinner in need of a Savior. I went several years leaning on that profession of faith.

  I went on and got married and we had our first born, Eli. In February 2005, we were having revival at our church, Bro. Jack Parchman was preaching. I had been under conviction all week. I was miserable! Marty kept asking me to tell him my testimony. He said he liked to hear it. But, in my heart I knew it was fake. I had resisted and told myself that the profession I had made as a little girl was good enough. Well, "good enough" wasn't enough. :) I was married to a preacher after all. :)  I had to swallow my pride, and admit I was lost and on my way to Hell. So, on February 22, 2005 Marty lead me to the Lord.  There was a burden lifted and a new name written in Heaven!

  I'm far from a perfect Christian, but I strive daily to be what The Lord wants me to be.  I would encourage you to share your testimony with others. It may not be a testimony of great flowery words, or a testimony of being saved out of all kinds of sins. If you are saved, your testimony matters. Share it with those around you, you never know the impact it may have! But, if you don't have a personal testimony of when God touched your heart and you admitted that you are a sinner on your way to Hell without Christ, I would encourage you to get saved. Talk to your pastor or a saved friend or family member that can lead you to the Lord.  It's the best decision you will ever make!

No comments:

Post a Comment