Thursday, August 24, 2017

Our school schedule

  I know I've shared a morning routine with you guys before. But, I thought I would share our homeschooling schedule. I like to have it on paper so I can see it. I also like to stick to the schedule as much as possible. I know some days don't go as planned, but having a set plan helps, at least for me.

 As far as curriculum we use Landmark. This is our 3rd year using them, and we really like it. Landmark is an affordable, King James Bible homeschool curriculum. They also have where you can enroll your children in the academy, and have them keep up with your kids school records.    

  This year I have a 5th,6th,and a 7th grader!  

This was too funny! 

Okay, back to the schedule! 

  I'm up by 6, and between 6-6:30ish I have my personal time with The Lord. Like I've said a million times before, this is very important!

6:30-7~I cook breakfast.

7~I wake my guys up, if they aren't already up.

7:15-7:30~Breakfast time

7:30-8~Morning chores

8-8:15~Family devotions

8:15-8:30~We get our school things all ready to go.

8:30-9:15~Math

*15 minute break

9:30-10:30~English

 *15 minute snack break

10:45-11:15~Bible

  *15 minute break

11:30-12~Science

  *1 hour lunch break

1-1:30~Literature

  *15 minute break

1:45-2:15~History

This is the schedule we try to stick with. It works great for us! I will add that the times listed here are teaching times and when they work on their lessons. I set a timer and when that goes off, the class is done.  Whatever is not done during the class time is homework. 


No comments:

Post a Comment