Saturday, August 5, 2017

Being weary...


Being weary is something that we all deal with at some point in our lives. Be it physically, emotionally, or spiritually.

I looked up the meaning of weary, Here it is: feeling or showing extreme tiredness, especially as a result of excessive exertion. I know as a wife and mom it's easy to become weary. 

So, let me talk to the wives and mommies for a little bit. :) 

Okay momma! I'm sure many of you have fallen into bed many times utterly and totally wore out. It comes with the territory. :) You go through your day wearing many "hats". Mommy, chef, boo-boo kisser, referee, house cleaner, teacher and so much more. I've been a mommy for almost 13 years. Wow! Crazy to think my oldest will be a teen in two months! Anyway, I'm no where near an expert!! Please don't think that! :) I learn all the time. But a few things that I have learned along the journey of motherhood. And yes, it's an amazing journey. So, a few things you have probably already heard them, but here we go! 

Just some humor to start this off! 

*Take time with The Lord! This is very very important. We can give all we've got to our families, but be sure that The Lord takes the preeminence in our lives. It sets our mood for the day and our mood affects our families moods. On days where I don't get to get my morning devotions in, my day is thrown off and honestly, I can be grumpy. And when mommy is grumpy it has the tendency to wear off on our family. 



*Take time for yourself. No, this is not you being selfish. This is your time to recharge. Even new mommies can take that time while the baby sleeps. The chores will keep while you take some you time. :)




*Give chores! This is one area that I still struggle with. I know, my guys are old enough to do many chores, and they do. But, sometimes it's easy to see a mess that needs cleaned up and just do it myself. But, that makes more work for me and teaches the kids nothing. 


*Ask for help. Again, this is an area I'm working on. We like to think we are Wonder Woman and do it all ourselves. But, as I tell my family, I don't live in the house by myself, so they need to help. And my guys are good about helping. 


*Learn to laugh. In life as a wife and mom, you have to learn to laugh even when you don't feel like it. When you've heard half a million knock knock jokes, heard the same story at least a hundred times, learn to listen and laugh.


*Take that time with your hubby!! You are both busy during the day, I get that. But try to remember that when the kids are of the house, it's you and your hubby left. Until then, take what time you can. Sometimes a full blown date is just not possible. But, you can take some time once the kids are in bed and talk or just curl up and watch a movie or a tv series together. Don't for get to talk to one another. COMMUNICATION IS KEY! If we never talk to one another then our relationship will never grow, and we are left with someone that we barely know, even after years of living in the same house. 


These are just a few things that I've been thinking about lately. 


Galatians 6:9a And let us not be weary in well doing:

No comments:

Post a Comment