Thursday, January 30, 2020

Social Media...



This Friday marks two weeks not being on my social media. I started out this year with the mindset of "being intentional" when I got on my social media accounts. Basically, have a reason why I was going on them, not just mindlessly scrolling.  

Two weeks ago I noticed that I was having more and more days where I honestly just felt sad. I couldn't put my finger on it, at the time. I began to evaluate the things in my life. I was doing my daily devotions, and prayer time. But, I had noticed it was just lacking. 

 One morning I finished up my devotions, which were taking anywhere from 15-20 minutes. I then caught myself on facebook. Before I knew it more than 30 minutes had past!! I was spending more time mindlessly scrolling on facebook than I was with my Lord. It's painful to admit that, but it's true. 

I know there is proper balance to these things. For me, I have chosen to stay off Facebook, for now. I can testify and say,  
my walk with The Lord is sweet once again, and my joy has been restored. 

Social media has its place in our society. But, I would like to say that, if you rush through your time with the Lord, just to see what everyone else is up to, it will have a negative effect on you. I found myself being easily irritated at my family and situations around me. 

I know not everyone deals with things like this. But, if you do, know that you aren't alone. And there is a solution to the problem. For me, it's to completely cut it out for now. For you it may not be that, it may be to just scale your time down on social media. I would love to hear your thoughts on the subject of social media, and how it effects you!    

No comments:

Post a Comment