Thursday, March 15, 2012

A little about me...

    My brother,Jason, and I were adopted by Mary and Jim O'Neill when I was 5 and my brother was 3.  Shortly after our adoption we moved to Corinth, MS.  I lived there until I got married in 2002 to my awesome husband Marty.  We moved to Benton, AR shortly before our one year anniversary. There my husband attended Blessed Hope Baptist College, and graduated with a missions degree in 2005. I am very proud of my husband, he worked full time and also went to school full time.
    In 2004 we took our first survey trip to Greenland. We went to the little village of Kulusuk, which has a whopping population of less than 300!  That trip was memorable in more than one way! See, I was 7 months pregnant with our first child. We had a mile an a half walk from the airport to the hostel. So, if you can imagine a hugely pregnant lady, waddling her way down a dirt road, and then sitting on a rock just to cry, that was me! I can honestly say I don't think there has ever been a place I wanted to leave as bad as I did Kulusuk. But a strange thing happened when we left, I had left a piece of my heart in Greenland.
   When we returned from our trip, we started deputation. In 2005, during a revival at Victory Baptist Church of Benton, AR, I put my trust in Jesus Christ as my Saviour.  After many miles and 5 1/2 years we made it!  During our time on deputation we watched the Lord do many wonderful things on our lives. We met and made many dear friends, and made memories that will last a lifetime.
    We have now been in Greenland for almost a year now.  We have seen The Lord provide when we could see absolutely no way that it could be done.  We are excited to see what The Lord has in store for us in the years to come.  My purpose here is to share my thoughts on different events in my life as a missionaries wife, mommy of three, and our misadventures in the Arctic. And so begins Masey's thoughts.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment