Friday, March 16, 2012

You need to come apart, before you come apart!




 This little saying has a lot meaning to it. As a family serving the Lord on a foreign mission field, this saying means a lot to me!  I can easily get wrapped up in the everyday cares of life and forget the most important people in my life, my family.  If I’m not careful I can get busy cleaning, cooking, and laundry. And all the other duties that come with being a housewife, mommy, teacher, doctor-mom, executive chief, Sunday school teacher, and lots more.  Sometimes it feels like I’m “coming apart” at the seams. I then need to stop and take time to enjoy the people that the Lord has placed in my life.

In the summer we would go on a picnic outside of town. It is so peaceful outside of town. One of our favorite places is by a stream, which is near the foot of the mountains. Some of my favorite memories happened on our picnics. I can’t wait until the snow melts and it warms up, so we can go on long walks and do our picnics. 
Our picnic
              

The view during our picnic
The stream

 Another way we as a family like to “come apart” is, every Friday night is movie night.  This is one of our favorite days of the week. The kids look forward to Sunday church services and Friday movie night, those two days are the highlights of their week. We do special snacks and we get the projector out and watch a movie on the wall. Sometimes we do a game night. Eryn likes to play UNO, because she’s really good at it and usually skunks all of us!  
Africa Screams...one of our favorites

. The Bible tells us in 2 Corinthians 6:17a “Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord.” There are a million different things in this world that pull at us emotionally, spiritually, and physically.Therefore, we all should have a time we spend with the Lord so we don't come apart in our daily lives in the world.  You need to come apart, before you come apart, in your spiritual walk with the Lord.  

No comments:

Post a Comment