Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Keeping a journal

How many times have you sat down to write, "Dear Diary?"  I did a lot when I was a teenager and when we were on deputation.  I was and still am not very outward with my emotions, I know that it can be bad to keep it all in, but that is why I try to keep a diary.  I have to confess, that it has been a while since I have kept one. But I started back again last night.

My heart has been heavy for sometime now, concerning different matters, and getting them out on paper has helped. Yes, I have taken these things to the Lord, but for me getting them written down helps me personally.

I know everyone is different and not everyone will keep a journal. But I encourage you to write things down. I like to write about something cute the kids did or said, or something that happened throughout my day. It helps on those days when I feel like the whole world is against me to look back and see all the wonderful blessings and also see all the times The Lord has helped in a situation.  So can I encourage you to keep a journal this year? Even if it's just for this year, I know it will help. 

I hope everyone had a blessed New Year! And don't forget to write it down!


No comments:

Post a Comment