Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Peach Cobbler

To me, you can't get much more American than peach cobbler! With the 4th of July being tomorrow, I thought I would post a recipe I found for peach cobbler. I got the recipe from cooks.com. I really like this site, it has a lot of great recipes on there.

It was great with vanilla ice cream!
Just as a side note, Greenland doesn't celebrate the 4th, but Denmark does.  We like to still celebrate our American holidays here in Greenland. Just to keep up some of our American holidays for our kids, because we know that our kids will not always be here with us in Greenland. So here is the peach cobbler. Enjoy!


FRESH PEACH COBBLER 
1/4 c. plus 2 tbsp. butter
2 c. sugar, divided
3/4 c. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
Dash of salt
3/4 c. milk
2 c. sliced peaches
Melt butter in a 2 quart baking dish. Combine 1 cup sugar, flour, baking powder and salt; add milk and stir until mixed. Pour batter over butter in baking dish, but do not stir.Combine peaches and remaining 1 cup sugar, spoon over the batter. Do not stir. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Yield: 6-8 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment