Thursday, April 11, 2013

Becoming your husband's cheerleader


 One thing I have learned in the 10 years that Marty and I have been married, is that he needs a cheerleader. I fail a lot in that area, but I'm trying to get better at it. :)
 

He needs you to "have his back".  When he needs some encouraging you should be the first one to jump in and offer it.

One of the things I started doing this week is sending Marty a daily email with a funny picture or joke. I know to some it may sound corny, but he enjoys getting them. Anything I can do to make him smile, then I will do it. :)

Just small things like a note, a smile, a hug, an "I Love you", asking how his day went and listening when he talks about it, a nice warm meal when he comes home, the list could go on!

I know that Marty doesn't work a 9-5 job, but being in the ministry is a 24-7 job! Right now he is working hard on learning two languages, so we can move back down to Sisimiut to start a church. I try to be a listening ear when he has a frustrating day studying.

I love my husband and want him to know that he is loved and cherished. Just remember that sometimes it's the little things that can be the most encouraging to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment